Blogs > Millennial Traveler

New and traditional ways of exploring the globe, and your own backyard.

Friday, July 13, 2012

Was the 7th anniversary of the London Bombings Commemorated?

So, I either overlooked it or there was a conscious decision not to focus too much on the 7th anniversary of the 7/7/05 transport bombings in central London. I'm hoping it's the former but, considering London-town will soon have throngs of Olympic tourists, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the latter either.

I know there was some discussion of terrorism while designing the Olympic venues. For example, missiles on site that can shoot down a hijacked airplane.

But, in honor of the 52 people who died and 700 injured in the London Underground and bus bombings in 2005, I just wanted to remind people that it did happen. And I hope it doesn't happen again - in the next few weeks during the Olympics or after.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home