Blogs > Millennial Traveler

New and traditional ways of exploring the globe, and your own backyard.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Taking the pressure off....


The only thing I enjoy more than planning a trip (and then spending weeks looking forward to that trip), is planning a trip for my significant other and looking forward to spending that time with them.


I've spent the past month or so planning a surprise birthday getaway for my boyfriend. I narrowed down a location, figured out activities he'd like to do (ie anything movie, music or beer related), and then came the fun part of finding lodging that was the best bang for my buck.


I chose a rather touristy-location to travel to, so everything is overpriced...even though it's the offseason.


What I was looking for were: a place with an indoor pool (in case the weather sucked) and preferrably somewhere as close to the ocean as possible. The search was frustrating and I was going to settle for a bed and breakfast (it was cute, included complementary wine, and the price was right). But, after I had made that decision and the pressure was off to find a place, I thought I would keep looking...this time more for the fun of it and to see what else was available.


I'm glad I did, because I found a beach-front resort for my price range. Now I'm Super excited!


Along with excitement, traveling brings out OCD Danielle who wants to make sure I have directions printed out, addresses, phone numbers, and confirmation numbers. Check. Check. Double Check!


The trip is this weekend and my boyfriend reads this blog occassionally so I can't say where it is (I'm still kinda proud he doesn't know since I guess he's never been surprised before). But I'll let you know how everything goes when we get back...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home