Blogs > Millennial Traveler

New and traditional ways of exploring the globe, and your own backyard.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Turkey Day to all, and to all a good flight!


It's the start of the most wonderful, and sometimes hectic, time of the year: the holidays.

Today, in particular, has been dubbed by most experts as the most travelled day of the year, for Americans.

At the Albany International Airport, they are expecting 9,000 people (that's how many people Equinox expects to feed tomorrow). Some airport travelers will take advantage of the Opt-Out and others will go through what some call the intrusive TSA security checks.

I actually have yet to deal with holiday air travel. I'm usually with the vast majority of people who drive to their destinations for Thanksgiving. Normally, it's over the Hudson River and through the woods along I-88 to my grandmother's house in Binghamton.

This year, however, we're opting out of traveling and spending a quiet holiday at my parent's beautiful Victorian house in Troy's Eastside neighborhood.

I try not to forget that beyond the good food, friends and family...and an excuse to have a day off....Thanksgiving is about giving Thanks and I like to remember that first journey the pilgrims took that brought us to where we are today.

I wish everyone traveling happy travels and, of course, happy Turkey Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home