Blogs > Millennial Traveler

New and traditional ways of exploring the globe, and your own backyard.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

You can call me a (travel) dreamer



Am I a complete weirdo or do other people also fall asleep thinking about future travel plans?
Last night, as my eyes grew tired while watching Easy A, I started thinking about a conversation I had with a friend at my roommate's birthday party. She said how Las Vegas was a great place to base yourself out of while doing outdoorsy things in Nevada and Utah.
My friend, who just got married this summer, went to California and Vegas for her honeymoon, and while in Sin City went to Death Valley, Zion National Park and Red Rock Canyon.
I had no idea these were so close to Vegas. Well, I knew Death Valley was a day trip from Vegas because I had hoped to go this past summer myself - but I guess you always have to leave stuff to do for when you come back.
So, now I'm thinking I'd fly in Vegas, rent a car and do a few days trips out of there including to Zion and Death Valley. Then, drive to Arizona and maybe finally see the Grand Canyon from the Northern side which I hear is phenomenal. Followed by another day of driving to the Monument Valley, not too incredibly far from the Four Corners. From here, go to Mesa Verde in Colorado which I also missed on this past road trip.
The trip would conclude in Denver where I'd probably do another day trip or two in the Rockies for hiking and seeing friends in the area.
I even figured out a tentative budget.
Yes, this is what I think about when I'm about to drift off and fall asleep....

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Heading to Zion National Park from Vegas is a MUST! You will pass through St George Utah and there is a ton to do there too! I would actually suggest...(but I am a bit biased...) flying to Vegas maybe spending one day, then moving the vacay headquarters to St George and do the outdoorsy thing. Zion and all!

November 24, 2010 at 12:29 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home