Blogs > Millennial Traveler

New and traditional ways of exploring the globe, and your own backyard.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Vote for the 7 Natural Wonders of the World


There is a lot of natural beauty in the world, and one group is trying to come up with a list of the top seven natural wonders. I don't envy them.
Finalists include: the Bay of Fundy in Canada, the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland (which I'm hoping to see this fall), the Black Forest in Europe, Mud Volcanoes near the Caspian Sea, Table Mountain in Africa, and the Great Barrier Reef. Um, that's just a few of the finalists.
There's only one in the United State: the Grand Canyon.
Personally, after all the natural beauty I saw in the United States this summer, I really think we have more to offer than the Grand Canyon (actually, that's one of my least favorite national parks). There's mud volcanoes in Yellowstone, the Devil's Tower in Wyoming, the western coastline of California - to also name a few.
I didn't have a say in the list of finalists...but we do have a say for the outcome of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World. Check out this site and vote for your favorites. We'll get the outcome in November (11/11/11).
There was also a 7 New Wonders of the World in 7/7/07 (they like those cool dates, I guess...well, them and most engaged couples). Check out that new-ish list here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

Beauty of nature always attract towards itself as a nature explore i would love to explore this wonder of the world everyone has some wish my wish is to make my self able to visit these wonders

February 9, 2017 at 3:24 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home