Blogs > Millennial Traveler

New and traditional ways of exploring the globe, and your own backyard.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Watervliet Chili Cookoff


I really do think food lies at the center of discovering most cultures' details. Like, why do Texans not use beans in their chili? I'm sure if I spent enough time in the state, I'd figure it out. Or maybe I could go to this...
On Saturday, March 24th the City of Watervliet in conjunction with the David Fisher Upper Hudson Heroes of Watervliet will hold a chili cook-off at the Dome (2nd Avenue & 13th Street). The event will run from 4:00 PM to 10:00 PM. Hot dogs, hamburgers, beer and soda will be sold. There will also be music and children activities, with prizes drawn every hour beginning at 5:00 PM. Admission is $10 per person, children under 16 years of age are free. For more information please contact Bob at 337-9115.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home