Blogs > Millennial Traveler

New and traditional ways of exploring the globe, and your own backyard.

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Albany Public Library Newsletter

I probably sound like an old lady but there are some really cool things at the library this summer.

Beyond the selection of books, periodicals, movies and museum passes, the library also offers some fun things that challenge both your mind and your body.

A couple months ago, I went to a Geography Bee at the Pine Hills branch where my father (a retired NYS history teacher) won us a round with his outline of the state of New York from memory. I have to admit, it was pretty spot on.

And tonight I'll be going to a Pilates class that will be offered every other week this summer at the Delaware Avenue branch. Then, next week, I'm planning to attend a workshop on sewing because...well, I'm 31 and I should probably know a bit more about it than I do.

There are family activities, summer reading programs, book clubs, writing workshops, jewelry making, and technology sessions.

Long blog short, I highly recommend that you check out the Albany Public Library newsletter, which is where I read about most of the programs I'm planning to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home