Blogs > Millennial Traveler

New and traditional ways of exploring the globe, and your own backyard.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Best Day of the Week to Buy a Plane Ticket


Until the other day when I was at a friend's birthday party at Bomber's in Albany, I never even thought there was an ongoing battle over which day was the best for airfare. I thought it was Tuesday.

My logic behind it was a little skewed, I'll admit. I think I heard it was Tuesday from my boss.

But while enjoying the festive ambiance at the always-crowded burrito bar, one of my friends countered my view and said she always thought it was Wednesday.

Well, this discussion apparently has been on other people's minds too lately since there was a story on Yahoo News about it today.

Honestly, after reading the article I'm even more confused. It said something about new prices on Thursdays too and Mondays.

But, it did say that a study done showed that Tuesdays most consistently had the cheaper prices.

I'll give the other days a chance too, especially now that I am on the hunt for cheap Ireland and Northern Ireland flights for a friend's wedding in September.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home