Blogs > Millennial Traveler

New and traditional ways of exploring the globe, and your own backyard.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Park Playhouse Starts Tuesday



It's about halfway through July and I was surprised I hadn't heard anything about the Park Playhouse's summer schedule. I started wondering what shows they were going to put on with their Park Playhouse II, Kids and mainstage productions.



Well, I'm not a patient woman and I got tired with waiting for them to tell me and sought out the information myself...and I'm glad I did. Their 23rd season starts next week!



I first saw on their Facebook profile that they had a Producer's photo as their profile picture. I assumed correctly this meant they would be putting on the Mel Brooks' classic for their main production - that, by the way, starts Tuesday at the lakehouse in Washington Park in Albany. The start time is 8pm (Tuesdays through Sundays).



What I love about the plays, and the reason that I wanted to learn more about when/what they were doing this year, is because it is a fun experience year after year. I bring my lawn chairs, blankets, wine, Taco Bell....ok, not always Taco Bell but usually some random food like that...and watch a group of actors bring a favorite, and usually a classic, to life - for free. Though, there is also the option to reserve seating closer to the stage.



I can't help but think quite possibly the economy is hitting these guys pretty hard and that could be why our newsroom had not seen any advertising, etc yet this year.



So, check out The Producer's from July 19 to August 14 and when they give their song and dance about giving money - make a donation. It's a great cause, and you get a cool sticker too.



And, if you're interested in their other projects, Throughly Modern Millie is showing from August 2 to August 14, Tuesday through Sunday at 5:30 p.m and the Kids's production this year is Annie from July 26 to July 31 also Tuesday through Sunday at 5:30 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home