Blogs > Millennial Traveler

New and traditional ways of exploring the globe, and your own backyard.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Martha's Vineyard - Gay Head Cliffs photo

Wish I was there right now, again.....


I took my first trip to Martha's Vineyard - which was actually a camping trip - this past summer for July 4th weekend. I had my doubts, but it was a very beautiful, eclectic place. And actually pretty affordable despite it's hoity-toity reputation. On my trip, I was able to spend about $50 per day and had a great time exploring the island, looking for celebrities, reenacting scenes from Jaws, hiking, and eating seafood.

The above photo was taken at the Gay Head clay cliffs. The day before, that whole area was enveloped in fog which apparently happens a lot in that region of the island.

The Lucas Confectionery's Troyster Tweet about wishing they were in Martha's Vineyard today made me think of it.

Next stop? I'm thinking either the Outer Banks or Nantucket (which actually used to be part of NYS, according to an old charter I read in an Albany County exhibit).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home