Blogs > Millennial Traveler

New and traditional ways of exploring the globe, and your own backyard.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Camping at Martha's Vineyard

So, I'm thinking about camping at Martha's Vineyard for July 4.

This is actually kinda uncharacteristic of me since I usually prefer to go to places during the off season for a couple reasons: cost and crowds. But...this trip was my sister's idea and I don't get to see her as often as I'd like anymore. So, I'm thinking of going.

I've never been to Martha's Vineyard. I think it's awesome that I live so close - relatively speaking - to it, considering all the attention the place gets for celebrity visits from the President,etc.

I'm not entirely sold on the idea of going, though. For starters, we'll be paying nearly three times as much for a camp ground there compared to *any* other camp ground I have ever been to. I haven't seen the site at the Martha's Vineyard Family Campground, but I'm pretty sure it's not worth $53/night for two people (plus $15 more for any additional adults). It probably has the same picnic table, fire pit, and public restrooms as any other $20 site I've been to. But, since it happens to be on an island a few blocks from the beach in a destination where Taylor Swift goes regularly...I guess that means it's worth another $33. I guess.

And it appears to be the only campground on the island.

(From wiki: it's the triangular island near the bottom tip of Massachusetts)


I'll admit though. Camping probably will be one of the cheaper ways of visiting the place considering if a camp site is $53/night I don't even want to know what a hotel is. (Well, I didn't want to know but I looked - Holy Crap! $2,000 for four nights?!)

So, I guess, compared with that, splitting $240 for the same amount of time at a camp site doesn't sound so bad.

I'm still debating it. But, in the end, I think it'd be fun. I'm not really one to put a price on a good time - except maybe $2,000 for four nights in a location that's only a five hour drive from home.

Since I'm pretty new to that particular spot, any tips would be greatly appreciated.

1 Comments:

Blogger campingguide said...

Thank you for sharing excellent information. Your web site is so cool. I am impressed by the info that you have on this website.

Camping Info

September 15, 2013 at 8:27 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home