Blogs > Millennial Traveler

New and traditional ways of exploring the globe, and your own backyard.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Bootleggers on Broadway


Bootleggers on Broadway in Troy has been open for a little over a month now. I finally made my way to the bar last week. And...I'm torn.
The physical appearance of the bar is beautiful. There's a gorgeous dark wood front bar, nice tables/chairs, and a large ballroom area which would definitely be sufficient for a wedding reception. The cover band playing was even pretty good, I thought.
However...the crowd, on a Wednesday night, was ridiculously drunk and slightly obnoxious. Granted, there was a birthday party going on but there are birthday get togethers at Bombers all the time and I don't get annoyed by those.
On top of that, the bar tender - sucked. I mean, he barely cleaned the bar, didn't make any pleasant conversation, and took forever to see we needed a second round. I'm guessing he was as new as the business.
I guess I'm worried that if the bar has that many annoying people during the week then what is the weekend going to be like.
I hope I'm wrong. But, I'll check it out sometime on a Friday or Saturday. And, if I was right, I can always go back to Footsy Magoos which is what I did last week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think it could be a fun place, I just wouldn't eat there. I'd go to Illium for dinner then have a drink, play some darts, and mess with the jukebox a bit.

July 25, 2011 at 3:47 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home