Blogs > Millennial Traveler

New and traditional ways of exploring the globe, and your own backyard.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

St. Sophia Greek Festival This Week/end

I can't believe it's already that time again for the St. Sophia Greek Festival.

And this year they've add an aspect in which $1 from each sandwich sold Thursday (tomorrow) will go to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Having just ended my Man & Woman of the Year campaign with LLS, I think it's great that I'm seeing their name out there in the community even more than I did before.

If you can't make it Thursday (Free Admission in the tent - 5pm to 9pm), the festival is also Friday (6pm-11pm), Saturday (noon to 11pm) and Sunday (noon to 7pm). Admission is $3, though you can save $1 with an advance ticket from Price Chopper. It's held at 440 Whitehall Road in Albany.

The festival includes good Greek food (it's when I get my Greek food fix every year for their pastries especially), arts/crafts,  and entertainment for the whole family with carnival rides and cultural dances.

Opa!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home